Thursday, February 19, 2009

Almost the Weekend!!

Ahhhh tomorrow is finally friday! It has been quite a week, but sooo good:) My internship was so much fun!! I love it already. I researched pretty much all morning on what types of activites I can use to help creat an activities schedule for the kids. Its hard though cuase they all have limitations that allow them not to be able to do things regular kids would be able to. It breaks my heart that they are so young and have all these "limitations." But the happy news is that I get to play with them and help them that way, and whats even better is that they all should get better and find a wonderful family to adopt them :) So my day there went really fast, and I loved it, i loved playing with the kids!

Of course...i was late. I googled my directions and i only had to take one bus so i wa liek sweeet! so i get off the bus and start walking to my destination and of course it was the wrong direction, so i stop to ask this man on the street and he coudln't really speak english, but numbers are universal when they are written on a page. so he told me to walk the other way cuase the numbers were getting bigger. turns out they wer egetting smaller and the street just ended..so i finally found a convience store and the guy looked at me and pointed. so i follwed the point and foudn my way!!! and i was only 10 minutes late, still kinda embarassing fo rmy first day. though the lady i work for is super cool and laid back.

then last night we went to the underground bar. one of my friends on the program's buddy was perfomring and he has hung out with us a few times so we went to support. im so glad we did, well first of all it was in wrigglyville which is right by wrigglyville, ov=bvisoulsy..lol. and the bar was litterally underground. and the music was amazing.!! loved it, and best part is i got a free demo cd. on the way back we got to the red line and it came pretty quickly and then when we were ready to get on the fullerton bus there was a line. ok no i know there is usually a line for a bus, but seriously it was like 25 people. and i had to stand next to this guy.

we had two speakers today which were good, well i didn't really like the one this morning but the cool part about it was class was in our apartment today so we got free donuts and drank coffee. which obvisouly made the speaker more fun. then this afternoon we went downtown to the girls coalition and had the most amazing gender socialization worshop.loved it.

well tomorrow is finally friday!! and were having a dinner party with everyone on our program and possibly the proffessor and well partay, and possibly going out later in the evenening. ahhh and then saturday the plan is the sears tower....and then musical at night or we usually find something that has somethign going on in the city....usually free!!! or 5 dollars to get in.

well can't wait to update you on my weekend ;)

i got two postcards this week from my besties!!! miss them soo much

No comments:

Post a Comment